A comprehensive commentary on the classical work Aqidah al-Tahawiyah
Dive deep into the world of theology with this intensive study of the classical work Aqidha al-Tahawiyah. In this course, Shaykh Ismail Kamdar discusses in details a variety of theological concepts from an orthodox Sunni perspective. The course is unique in its contemporary approach to theological issues grounded in Sunni principles.
In this course, you will learn:
- The Islamic concept of monotheism
- Islamic beliefs related to prophets, revelation and the final messenger
- The orthodox position regarding the Quran and its role in Islam
- Authentic beliefs about angels, jinn and the Afterlife
- A detailed explanation of Qadar (Destiny) and the theological controversies around it
- Response to Atheistic and Liberal objections regarding Islamic theology
- The fundamental principles of orthodox Islamic theology.
This course includes the following bonus content:
- Free PDF translations of Aqidah al-Tahawiyah and a commentary on it. (300+ pages)
- Free BONUS lecture series; Introduction to FIVE classical Islamic texts (5 hours of bonus content)
Access the full course today to get all of this and more!
NOTE: This course is extracted from the Islam Intensive ongoing program. Do not sign up if you are already paying for the Islam Intensive.
Shaykh Ismail Kamdar is a graduate of a traditional Alim program (Talimuddin, 2006) and also holds a Bachelor's in Islamic Studies (IOU, 2014). He has studied Islam in both traditional and modern settings and has been a student of Islamic Studies for over two decades.
He began studying Islam full-time at the age of thirteen, began preaching at the age of sixteen, and wrote his first book at the age of twenty-three. Over the years, he has taught multiple courses and seminars around the world and has worked with multiple leading Islamic organizations across the globe.
He served as faculty manager at the International Open University for ten years, from 2010 to 2020. He currently heads the book publication department at Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research.
Over the years, Shaykh Ismail has worked for/with Dr. Bilal Philips, Dr. Omar Suleiman, Dr. Yasir Qadhi, and many other influential Islamic scholars from around the world. He recently co-authored an ebook with Dr. Omar Suleiman, and produced several online courses for Muslim Central. His book are currently available in three different languages, and sold across five continents, in twenty-five different countries.
StartAqeedah al-Tahawiyyah - Text (PDF)
StartAqeedah at-Tahawiyah - Commentary (PDF)
StartIntroduction to Aqidah al-Tahawiyah (43:16)
StartTawhid - Allah's Uniqueness (pp. 2-4)
PreviewBeliefs about the Messenger (p. 5)
StartAl-Quran and other beliefs (p. 5-9)
StartSeeing Allah in Paradise (p. 6)
StartBeliefs regarding past prophets and books (pp. 11-12)
StartDefinitions of Faith (pp. 13-16)
StartSin and the Afterlife (pp. 16-17)
StartQadar (Destiny) (pp. 9-11, 17-19)
StartBeliefs regarding the Sahaba (pp. 19-20)
StartSigns of the Last Day (p. 21)
StartAwliyah and Miracles (pp. 20-22)
StartSummary and Additional Points